Butterfly Boo-boo

      About 2 days ago I found a male monarch crawling on the grass unable to fly. I took him home and noticed the base of his upper left wing was damaged. I decided to keep him a bit while I figured out what to do. Then today he almost broke off the base while attempting to fly. So I looked up on the internet how to repair a broken wing. Now, the website showed how to repair outer damage and not how to repair it if it was broken at the base. So I decided to see what I could do to repair it myself. Here's a picture of the guy after surgery.
He was a wonderful patient!

Here's the great website that shows how to repair broken wings!
Live Monarch

Side Note:
(My butterfly loves this stuff!)

~Butterfly Food~
(Great for feeding you pet butterflies and the ones in your garden.)
Bring to boil then let cool.
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup water
(I add 1 spoonful of apple sauce and 1 spoonful of 100% organic grape jelly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment